How to Meet Your Guide
Do you have ' spirit guides?' Do you know who they are? And, why you have them?
Our guides are here to help us navigate the physical world and learn the lessons we incarnated to learn.
Here's an example of 'lesson' I had recently with one of my guides:
While in a deep meditation I was visited by Ben, my native American guide.
He pulled me up onto his beautiful white stallion.
We rode bareback galloping through the desert past the red hills of New Mexico.
Ben said, 'I'm here to teach you to follow the signs just as an Indian guide would.'
He said I was to bring this knowledge back and teach others how to read the 'signs' in their lives too.
After I meditating I sat without moving thinking about this pleasant vision and the ride I'd been taken on.
It felt right. I resonated to Ben's message that I was to teach others to follow the 'signs.'
I understood that by signs, he meant intuition.
I've been intuitive since I was a child. Seeing, hearing and knowing things that I couldn't have possibly have known. I didn't really understand it then, but I believe my whole life was leading me to this point of teaching others. I've had dreams that foretold of future events, have reunited me with loved ones I've lost, and communicated answers and guidance to me.
And, you can learn too. We're all intuitive - this is not an ability reserved for the special few.
To connect with your guide follow these simple steps:
1. Relax in a quiet place. Take a few relaxing breaths in through the nose and release the breath through the mouth. Just try to still your mind.
2. When the breathing becomes 'natural' speak to your guides. Silently tell them you want to meet them one at a time and that you're open to receiving their guidance.
3. Silently ask that the guide you need to meet most at this time make themselves known to you now.
4. Imagine (see in the mind's eye) that you're walking up a gentle hill in the beautiful countryside. It's warm and sunny outside. You feel the warmth of the sun on your arms and face. As you reach the summit of the hill you see a small figure in the distance coming toward you on the road. This is your guide.
5. The guide raises an arm and waives to you. You waive back. The guide is still to far to tell whether it is a man or woman. Don't have any expectations - it isn't at all necessary that your guide be Native American. Your guide can take any form and be either sex, or without a specific gender too.
6. You keep walking past trees, a small babbling brook and with each step the guide is getting closer and closer and more details are discernible.
7. At some point you're able to tell if the person walking toward you is a male or female although you can't make out their facial features yet. You see what they're wearing and can make out the colors of their clothing.
8. Now you're face to face. You see them clearly. You both reach out and embrace. You've met a personality who cares deeply for you and whose only purpose is to safeguard your well-being. You feel the love emanating from your guide.
9. Now the guide tells you their name. It is........ You hear their voice it is gentle and loving.
10. They explain how they will help you and may even tell you what your purpose in this incarnation is. Don't be disappointed if at the first meeting all you get is an introduction. The guide communicates to you they will guide you whenever it is needed. All you need to do is practice listening.
11. Stay as long as you need to then return to full awareness of your surroundings.
Don't forget to write down all the information you were given today. Remember you can return to meet with your guide whenever you wish. You can also meet your other guides this way.
Make your first session introductory. Don't bombard your guide with questions at this time. Just listen. It takes practice and time to get accustomed to working with your guides so don't try to go overboard the first time.
One word of caution though, I'd advise you to get used to working with one before you meet the others. The better you get at communicating with the first one the easier it will be to hear the others and not get confused over who is 'speaking.'
Have you ever worked with your guides before? How were you first introduced to your guides? Share your experience. We all learn from each other.
Let's keep the conversation going. Feel free to connect with me on Facebook or Twitter at @AngArtemis.